An Explanation:

Weasel McPuppy is a real dog, and the posts below are real letters sent from her to celebrities via snail mail. A self-addressed stamped envelope was included with each letter to encourage a reply. If and when Weasel receives a response, the post will be updated with the full correspondence.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

To William Shatner


Dear Mr. Shatner,

I bought a Captain Kirk action figure, but it wasn't anatomically correct. Please send me a replacement.

Your friend,

Weasel McPuppy

P.S. - If you can't mail me a new action figure, please send me your picture instead. I've enclosed my picture.


The Reply:


Dear Friend,

It has always been my desire to be able to speak directly to you who have so generously supported my career over the years. Unfortunately, time and distance make this almost impossible. Nonetheless, I want you to know how very much I do appreciate your letters and your love.

In this world today with so much hurt and strife we need to reach out more than ever to one another, to make the connection, and that's we (sic) try to do through my fan club, Shatner & Friends International, and through my website at WilliamShatner.com. We reach out to each other in friendship. Through the Club we can talk, exchange ideas and I can keep you apprised of my latest activities.

Thank you again for writing and I look forward to continuing friendships. Be happy.

My Best,

William Shatner


A Note From Weasel Regarding the Reply:

Thank you, Mr. Shatner, for the puppy-sized photo. I'm not sure how joining a fan club will help improve this world today with so much hurt and strife, but you probably know better than I do. I am just a little doggy, and you are a starship captain.

Live long and prosper,

Weasel McPuppy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apprised? He said apprised?
Funny re-reply!

Heather Leavers said...

boldly reaching out....

Anonymous said...

Funny... I got the exact same response when I wrote to Mr. Shatner... I think it's like an email auto-reply, except with snail mail.